The ZBW – Leibniz Information Centre for Economics in Kiel and Hamburg has an immediate opening for a
Community Manager / Social Media Specialist (m/f)
The ZBW – Leibniz Information Centre for Economics is a modern infrastructure provider for economics and operates the world’s largest library for economics. The ZBW is affiliated to the Christian Albrechts University in Kiel. The ZBW is also co-organizer of the Global Economic Symposium, an event of the Kiel Institute for the World Economy and the Bertelsmann Stiftung.
The GES is a solution-oriented, research-based yearly conference that addresses the most pressing global challenges of our time. The GES community gathers some of the world’s most prominent experts in politics, business, academia, and civil society. The GES objective is to identify current economic challenges and seek concrete answers and solutions.
We are looking for a Social Media Manager (m/f) to support and implement our social media activities for the Global Economic Symposium.
What’s your job?
• Support ZBW’s existing Social Media Team
• Design, implement and maintain social media projects for the Global Economic Symposium
• Support the management of GES-blogs and GES-communities such as Facebook, Twitter etc. (nationally and in particular internationally)
• Analyse and monitor ongoing social media projects and the social media and other online content generated by the GES community
• Communicate with the relevant departments of the organizing institutions
What do you bring to the job?
• You are highly interested in social media.
• You have a degree in economics which should result in at least from a 4 semester curriculum (e.g., MBA) and you have work experience.
• You have substantial knowledge of social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Xing, YouTube and the communication opportunities offered by these platforms.
• You know how to make optimal use of social media for SEO and marketing.
• You have demonstrable experience in producing blog posts and podcasts.
• You have great social competence and highly developed analytical skills.
• You are fluent in German and English and, ideally, other languages.
• You have excellent PC and/or Mac skills.
What do we offer?
The chance to work in a young and dynamic team. You can expect to work with international top economists in an innovative academic environment with rapid decision-making, offering you an opportunity for professional development and advancement. This is a part-time job (currently 19.35 hours) termed to end on 31 October 2012 and remunerated according to EG 12 TV-L. This is a provisional pay scale grouping according to Section 17 clause 3 TVÜ-L. The position can be based in Kiel or Hamburg at your preference.
The ZBW is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking forward to your application! If you need more information about this job offer, please contact André Vatter (phone 49 40 42834-335 or mail to ). Please submit your résumé and pertinent documents in electronic format until 19. August 2011 to: